Friday, January 24, 2014

Another blog post, now with 100% more Mike!

In the almost two years since I got into caricature I have drawn my boy Mike here





 more times than I can count. When you are having a slow day at the booth it sometimes helps to draw a coworker [if you are lucky enough to have one around] to attract curious but suspicious onlookers. I honestly cringe when I see some of my earlier attempts, they were SO BAD!

  Cringe!!
Cringe again!!

Thankfully a little time and lots of practice will fix just about anything eventually. I'm happy to say I think I've improved a bit, if I say so myself.. The following are a few of my favorites so far, in chronological from mid April 2013 to yesterday, 01-20-2014.

Mike, thanks for being an awesome guinea pig, but more importantly a true friend.





If anyone is interested in the technical details, all of these were drawn live, in Chartpak Marker and Prismacolor Artstix, a premium brand of woodless colored pencil. Hitman Mike is the exception, in that it was drawn live but all the rendering [in marker mostly] happened later. There are a few places where I use white acrylic paint to place high lights and art markers to add intensity to certain areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment