Saturday, February 1, 2014

Today was a good day...

It's February! Finally, I can put this up! I'm trying to spread out my posts a bit, but I'm kinda impatient by nature, so I struggle with that. Anyways, after doing the Tupac and Biggie caricatures a while back I started thinking of doing a series of all the rap/hip hop icons from my youth. I was toying with the idea a few days ago and started working on this as a warm up. Four hours later my co-worker Jay looked over my shoulder and said with a chuckle "Good thing that's only a warm up!"

Ice Cube [01/22/14]

I have to admit, I am pretty proud of this one. I'm glad my decision to play with the lighting worked out, and I'm really happy about my development as an artist,  especially when I compare it to the caricature below. I did That one in August of last year. Both were done from the same reference photo, and with the same tools. Just goes to show there is no substitute for practice...


Ice Cube 08/15/13

No comments:

Post a Comment